- Select a grade.
- Choose one or more species/species grouping(s). If desired, filter the species list by selecting for North American species only or for European species only. The default is a combined list of both and species.
- Select one or more region(s)/country(ies).
- When satisfied with the information included on the Stamp, click “Add Stamp”.
- Repeat until desired number of Stamps have been added.
- Enter lumber size, type of use, and span requirements in the Design Criteria section.
Calculator generates the maximum span distance as well as the bending strength (Fb), shear strength (Fv) and bearing strength (Fcp) values for each Stamp selected.
PLIB believes the information generated by this calculator is accurate and conforms with design standards referenced by U.S. building codes.
Neither PLIB nor its members assume any responsibility for any particular design prepared from this on-line calculator. Those using this on-line calculator assume all liability and hold PLIB harmless from its use.
Please report any apparent inaccuracies to email@example.com