PLIB provides lumber grading and inspection services to some of the largest and most well know lumber producers throughout North America and Europe and our certifications and quality marks are recognized worldwide. For the US Pacific Northwest District Supervisor position, we are looking for a qualified individual interested in a full-time career opportunity as a lumber inspector and quality control auditor in the Pacific Northwest region of the U.S.
- Conduct on-site inspections of grade-stamped and certified lumber products at sawmills throughout a multi-state region
- Perform and oversee qualification tests for special products like MSR and finger-jointed lumber
- Report inspections results
- Train graders and QC personnel at PLIB facilities
- Schedule inspections throughout an assigned region
- Direct communication with management
- Minimum grade 12 education/GED
- Experience in lumber grading or wood science/forestry education preferred.
- If no prior grading experience, candidates will be considered for a comprehensive training program
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Interest in and the ability to teach and train others
- Physically able to lift and turn pieces of lumber
- Highly motivated, independent worker
- Availability to travel frequently
- Valid, current driver’s license
- Experience with Microsoft products
PLIB will provide one-on-one in-person and online training to hone your professional skills as you learn the responsibilities of your new career. This training will take place onsite at sawmills and wood packaging facilities throughout the Western region of the United States, and will be led by our highly skilled District Supervisor staff over a span of two to three months.