Stimson Lumber in Gaston, OR is seeking a Certified Lumber Grader with a commitment to safety and excellent judgment and grading knowledge. You will execute your role within a group that embrace innovation, continuous improvement and provides educational opportunities to continuously sharpen your professional skills. Our Graders are an essential part of a team that values team work, focus execution in the production of quality lumber.
- Effectively inspecting all four sides of lumber to determine lumber grade, length and species to meet current inspection bureau standards
- Complete daily grade checks within a 5% spread in above/below range in for each item based on inspection bureau rules
- Proactively communicate and work with quality control, graders and planer operators to ensure quality, efficiency and safety
- A minimum of 1 year experience grading lumber
- Proven experience using math skills:
- Reading tape measures
- Digital calipers
- Converting fractions to decimals
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and highly self-motivated individual with the ability to achieve departmental goals, independently and in a team environment
- Grading agency certification through an ALS accredited agency
- High school diploma of equivalent
Who are we…
Stimson Lumber is a leader in the forest products and natural resources industry with over 600 employees and several locations across Idaho, Oregon and Washington. We are progressive, forward thinking culture with a focus on developing our people. Our employees are given the tools and opportunities to maximize their talent and achieve professional and personal goals.
We have been a recognized leader in our industry with our commitment to quality, customer service and continuous improvement mentality for decades.
Why work here…
We are hiring people that are passionate about what they do every day, have a desire to make a difference and thrive in a team environment. We reward our employees through outstanding compensation, benefits and a great place to work!
As an equal employment opportunity company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
To apply, visit www.stimsonlumber.com/careers For questions about this opportunity, call Ann Reynolds at (503) 478-1515.